Spring is here! While most people think spring cleaning applies to your house, it’s a great time to freshen-up your wardrobe and try something new! Here are my five must-haves to make your wardrobe a little more fabulous.
1. Maxi Dresses — What I love about maxi dresses is the fact that they’re totally versatile. For example, this gorgeous dress from The Rachel Zoe Collection can easily be dressed up before heading out to an after-work cocktail hour, or dressed down for a casual day of shopping with the girls. Maxi dresses are also a great way to show off your personality — prints and patterns can really add excitement to your ensemble.
2. Pure Denim — I cannot stress the importance of having at least one pair of basic dark denim jeans. Just keep it simple: while distressed denim is fun (sometimes), you should try to stay on the conservative side. You’ll get more use out of a classic pair like the Balmain Raw Denim we saw all over town during Spring ’15 NYFW.
3. Strappy Sandals — Neutral tones are fantastic in the spring, and after keeping your toes covered all winter, it’s great to flaunt your fresh pedicure with a fun strappy pair of sandals (Kim Kardashian loves the Tom Ford Gold Chain and so do I)! The Tory Birch Thong Sandal is a good option as well.
4. Cardigans — Spring weather can be totally unpredictable. That’s why it is imperative that you have a good cardigan to grab at a moment’s notice. Much like sandals, I prefer buying cardigans in neutral colors, black, or white — that way, I know it’ll go with whatever I’I know it. You should be able to grab it on your way out of the door and feel confident it’ll look great with any ensemble. Vince Couto has great traditional and non-traditional cardigan options.
5. White Blouses — Speaking of black or white, a white blouse is essential to a fabulous spring wardrobe. It’s light, it’s fresh, and it’ll take you any and everywhere! Look no further than J. Crew for a perfect-fitting white blouse.
Remember, spring fashion is all about fun and flowy! And whatever you add to your wardrobe, don’t be afraid to try something new!