TikTok star Cole Carrigan, the man who claimed Kanye West arranged a hotel rendezvous with him and received a cease-and-desist from Kanye’s former bodyguard has issued a public apology.
via Page Six:
Page Six reported on Friday that Carrigan — a makeup influencer with nearly 350,000 followers — posted claims on the social media site that West’s onetime bodyguard, Steve Stanulis, arranged a meeting for Carrigan and West at a W Hotel in November.
Stanulis’ lawyer slammed Carrigan’s allegations as “completely and entirely false.”He added that Stanulis, “denies, in the strongest terms, all of these false and defamatory statements,” and said Stanulis had never heard of Carrigan.
On Sunday, Carrigan posted a video of himself with the cease-and-desist letter apologizing to West and Kardashian, and — while he didn’t go so far as to say he made up the story about West — he said he put the info out there because West “voted for Trump.”
“In order to for me to stay out of court and not get sued, I have to issue an apology to Mr. West and Kim Kardashian West,” the TikToker says in the clip. “So hi, Kim, if you’re watching this, I am so sorry, I honestly did this for the simple fact that your husband voted for Trump, and we simply can’t have that clownery in America, so you’re welcome.”
He then says, “Second of all, I hope this doesn’t ruin the chances of me getting on the KKW p.r. list, because I’ve been dying for those contour sticks.” KKW is Kardashian’s beauty line, which recently closed a $200 million deal with Coty.
Stanulis told Page Six he stopped working for West in 2016. Sources also told Page Six that West had never heard of, or met, Carrigan. Stanulis, who became a filmmaker, is working on his latest movie, “Red Money.”
Stanulis’ legal letter demanded Carrigan make an apology to him, as well as West and Kardashian, and stop posting about him. (Carrigan never named Stanulis in his posts, but did include his image and name with some alleged direct messages.)
The things people do for clout…