We’ve always wanted to experience floating over the countryside in a hot air balloon, but after seeing this we may have changed our minds.
22-year-old Rebecca Fry was enjoying her hot air balloon ride and taking selfies when the balloon itself drifted into power cables, caught on fire, and delivered 33,000 volts of electricity to her body before crashing.
She had only made it 50 feet above the ground.
Rebecca survived, but she was hospitalized with severe burns to her face, back, legs, and hands.
While the incident took place in May 2016, she recently spoke out about her experience for the first time to The Telegraph.
“I was trying to scream, but I couldn’t open my mouth as the electricity was pressing my teeth together. My leggings were burnt off and melted into my body,” she said.
“I thought I was going to die… My body became numb and I thought ‘I’m on fire’. I could feel electricity going through me and I couldn’t see or hear anything. I had no control over my body. I was conscious through most of it, I felt as if my neck was going to snap.”
Rebecca was the only passenger riding in the balloon at the time.The 64-year-old pilot did not suffer any injuries.