It’s been nearly two months since Tory Lanez shot Megan Thee Stallion and insiders are reportedly “concerned” that he has not yet been charged over the incident.
via Page Six:
“This case is open and shut and I’m very concerned that we’re still lingering here,” a source exclusively told Page Six on Wednesday. “It’s not being treated with the same level of resources and focus as if it was a white college student.”
Sources tell us the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office has been given all of the evidence believed necessary to move forward with the case, including witness statements, text messages, a 911 call, video, and medical records.
The medical records, we’re told, prove that Megan, 25, was shot because the documents state the “Savage” rapper suffered “gunshot wounds” on the night of the attack. Initial media reports stated she cut her feet with glass.
“This is not in dispute,” the insider said.
Megan initially did not name her assailant, but sources exclusively revealed to Page Six in July that Lanez, 28, was the person who allegedly shot her.
“Megan wasn’t going to name names, she wasn’t going to go there — she wasn’t planning on talking to police,” a source later told us. “She was protecting herself. People in her camp and in Tory’s camp shut everyone down so fast you could barely blink. But there were lies that were being spread and she wasn’t going to stand for it.”
However, on Aug. 20, the “Hot Girl Summer” rapper publicly accused Lanez of shooting her on her Instagram.
“Yes, this n—a Tory shot me,” she claimed in the video. “You shot me, and you got your publicist and your people going to these blogs lyin’ and s–t. Stop lyin’. Why lie?”
Earlier this week, it was reported that Tory apologized to Megan after the incident via text. Sounds like enough of an admission to charge him.