‘Today’ show star Billy Bush is reportedly close to closing in on a $9 million settlement with NBC, accoding to an industry source.
Bush was indefinitely suspended after his crude 2005 banter with Donald Trump during an “Access Hollywood” taping surfaced a week ago.
Bush joined “Today” last May, and was getting paid about $3 to $3.5 million a year. He had a multi-year deal.
The settlement negotiations with NBC this week covered if and how he violated the contract’s morality clause, the length of time he worked at “Today,” and how 70% of the audience for the show’s third hour is female.
Marshall Grossman, Bush’s lawyer, denied a report that the settlement would be $10 million.
“I can confirm that there is absolutely no truth to the story circulating about any $10 million settlement,” he told The News.
Grossman did not directly respond when asked if the settlement was about $9 million.
Earlier in the day, Grossman described the negotiations which stretched through Friday as “positive.”
In the recording, Trump is head talking about hitting on a woman in graphic terms.
Bush eggs him on, and then sees actress Arlene Zucker. “Your girl’s hot as s—,” Bush says.
“I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her,” Trump says.
He adds: When you’re a star, they let you do it. … Grab them by the p—-. You can do anything.”
Grossman has insisted that if Bush had called out Trump for his remarks, he would have been fired the next day.
The world finds out Billy Bush is a sexist pig — and he walks away with $9 million. Gotta love America!