Rapper, actress and talk show host Queen Latifah shared 25 things we don’t know about her with Us Weekly. If you didn’t know, Queen’s new talk show, The Queen Latifah Show premieres Sept. 16th.
Get into her 25 fun facts below!
1. My favorite city is New York.
2. My first apartment was in the Bronx. Yeah! Yeah!
3. As a kid, I wanted to be a marine biologist…and a truck driver.
4. In high school, it was hard to ditch because my mom taught there. But I managed to find a way!
5. At 17, I became friends with MC Lyte. It was like befriending my favorite superhero.
6. I have three butterfly tattoos.
7. I nicknamed the set of my new talk show “Big Sexy.”
8. The acting bug bit me when I performed in Godspell in the ninth grade.
9. I cook a mean spaghetti!
10. I own the 1962 Chevy Impala from my movie Set It Off.
11. I have a French Jet Ski license.
12. I love sci-fi books and movies.
13. I once managed the careers of Outcast, LL Cool J, and Naughty By Nature.
14. I signed my first recording contract at age 17.
15. The first thing I bought after signing was a gold tooth – which I then lost within one week.
16. I buy more interior design magazine than any other kind.
17. I have five motorcycles and two Vespas.
18. The fastest I’ve ever gone on a motorcycle is 155 miles per hour.
19. Roulette is my choice game at a casino.
20. My favorite gospel group is Clark Sisters.
21. I met my manager, Shakim, in 10th-grade geometry.
22. I can eat eggs anytime.
23. I always travel with my Bible.
24. I play drums, but I’m no drummer.
25. The first album I ever bought was Prince‘s Purple Rain. It came with a poster that I hung on my bedroom wall and would occasionally kiss!
We think she should invite us over to try some of that spaghetti!