Say What Now? 23-Year-Old Drinks an Entire Bottle of Tequila at Once to Win a $630 Bet, Dies Minutes Later [Video]

A 23-year-old man died from alcohol poisoning after guzzling an entire bottle of tequila in a Dominican nightclub.

Kelvin Rafael Mejía chugged the bottle as part of a bet — and the entire thing was captured on camera.

via Daily Mail:

After celebrating downing the entire bottle, within seconds he was having trouble standing
The video caught the moment Kelvin completed the challenge of drinking the tequila straight from the bottle.

But no sooner had the Kelvin won $630 and had the money in his hand, he fainted and collapsed to the floor and never regained consciousness.

After finishing every last drop and handed his winnings, just seconds later he is barely able to stand and has to be helped up by two men. Mejía passed out onto the floor of the club and died minutes later from alcohol poisoning

Shortly afterwards, he died. The Dominican Republic’s medical examiner revealed that the man died from alcohol intoxication.

According to El Universal, the bet came about after Mejia approached a table where a group of clients were betting money on how much tequila they could drink in one go and he asked to join in.

The management of the venue, the Vacca Lounge, has distanced itself from the events stating the nightclub had nothing to do with the tragic incident.

Such an unnecessary loss of life. We can’t imagine what the man’s family is going through.

Share This Post