Ray Lewis III Died From Accidental Overdose, Say Florida Police; Son of NFL Hall of Fame Linebacker was 28

A cause of death for Ray Lewis III has been revealed.

via: Daily News

The son of NFL Hall of Fame linebacker Ray Lewis died from an accidental drug overdose, according to a report attributed to police in Florida.

Ray Lewis III, 28, was found unresponsive when police responded to a call for a medical emergency around 6 p.m. Wednesday evening, reports TMZ.

The former college football player was reportedly receiving CPR from a friend, as another friend shouted for Narcan — a drug used to treat overdoses — as authorities arrived on the scene.

Police say Lewis was naked, lying on the floor between a bed and a wall, and was not breathing. Narcan was administered in his right nostril according to the report, but it was too late to save his life.

Authorities also searched the scene and discovered a blue pill near Lewis’ body. Reports said the pill was alprazolam, better known by one of its brand names, Xanax.

There was also a used needle in the room, as well as a small plastic bag in an empty beer can, police reported.

Although authorities labeled Lewis’ death an accidental overdose, they note that the final determination of how he died will be left to a medical examiner.

On Thursday, younger brother Rashaan Lewis posted an Instagram Story dedicated to his late brother.

“Really can’t believe I’m even typing this but RIP big brother,” he captioned a picture of Lewis III.

“A true angel, I pray [you’re] at peace now because [I know] how much you was [really] hurtin’. I don’t and won’t ever have the words,” he added.

Share This Post