The parents of the 2-year-old boy who was killed in an alligator attack at a Disney World resort earlier this year say they’re not going to sue Disney.
“Melissa and I are broken,” Matt Graves and his wife Melissa said in a statement released Wednesday. “We will solely be focused on the future health of our family and will not be pursuing a lawsuit against Disney.
“We will forever struggle to comprehend why this happened to our sweet baby, Lane,” they said. “As each day passes, the pain gets worse, but we truly appreciate the outpouring of sympathy and warm sentiments we have received from around the world.
“We know that we can never have Lane back, and therefore, we intend to keep his spirit alive through the Lane Thomas Foundation,” they said.
“It is our hope that through the foundation we will be able to share with others the unimaginable love Lane etched in our hearts,” they continued. “For now, we continue to ask for privacy as we focus on our family.”
We’d probably sue Disney AND set up a foundation.