The NFL has issued a response to the rumors about Jay Z and the 2018 Super Bowl halftime show.
Earlier this week, a rumor began circulating that Jay-Z turned down the opportunity to headline the 2018 halftime show. Jay-Z’s refusal was also said to be a show of solidarity with Colin Kaepernick.
Wednesday, the NFL responded to the rumors with a statement.
“No decisions have been made on the performer(s) and we are not going to speculate on particular artists,” said NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy. “Along with Pepsi, we know that we will put on a spectacular show. When it is time to announce her name we will do it. Or his name. Or their names.”
We’re still holding out for a Jennifer Lopez halftime show.