Home / News / ‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Died Of ‘A Mixed Drug Toxicity,’ According to Coroner

‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Died Of ‘A Mixed Drug Toxicity,’ According to Coroner

1373780567_1364818411_cory-monteith-rehab-467

Cory Monteith died of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” the British Columbia Coroners Service announced late Tuesday.

Earlier in the day, the coroner’s office had revealed that the initial autopsy of the 31-year-old actor was inconclusive, and had ordered toxicology tests to pinpoint the actor’s cause of death. Monteith’s body was discovered in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver on Saturday (July 13) after he missed his checkout time.

In their announcement of Monteith’s cause of death, the Coroners Service added that their investigation into the case was continuing, but added that “there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”

via MTV