Earlier this year it was reported that Rihanna was suing her former accountants, claiming she got bad financial advice which nearly left her broke.
A few weeks later it was reported that Rihanna won a $10 million judgement in the case, but now Page Six reports that the lawsuit has been dropped altogether.
Page Six reports:
Rihanna has dropped a fraud suit against her former accountants on Thursday in response to their counterclaims that her “exorbitant” spending was the real reason she nearly went broke in 2010.
She had claimed she got bad advice from Peter Gounis, co-worker Michael Mitnick and the firm Berdon LLP, alleging they gave her the green light to buy a $6.9 million mansion even though she was bleeding cash in 2009 and had lost $9 million.
But lawyers for Gounis, Mitnick and Berdon fired back, saying the pop star has only herself to blame and her 2010 “Last Girl on Earth” tour was a bust.
“The tour did not make as much money as projected,” lawyers for Gounis said in the Manhattan federal court filing. “The tour was what she wanted, just as the exorbitant amount of expensive clothing and other purchases she squandered her money on were…At the end of her two-year spending spree she had rooms of shoes, clothing and jewelry and fond, if not hazy, memories of extravagant parties, but little cash,” court papers said.
Berdon, Gounis and Mitnick had asked Judge Kevin Castel to dismiss the case ahead of a May trial. Lawyers for both sides refused to discuss settlement terms.
We wonder what caused her to drop the suit?