Jay Z is being accused of refusing to acknowledge a $600 million lawsuit after he was served at his 40/40 Club in Manhattan.
Dr. Francois de Cassagnol, who sued Jay Z, the NBA, and others over the “Brooklyn Nets” trademark last year, has filed new court documents accusing Jay Z of being in default, and his co-defendants of legal “mischief!”
According to court documents obtained by Radar, the plaintiff alleges that he received “no response” following his January 23 service of his complaint to Jay Z’s 40/40 Club in Manhattan. “Thereby Mr. Carter was in full default,” de Cassagnol claims, “and I’ve requested for this court to act accordingly” and serve the rapper with a certificate of default.
The behavior of the other defendants including the NBA, however, has been much worse, de Cassagnol alleges.
In sum, they “have done every human effort NOT to get service” of the lawsuit, including sending him to incorrect addresses, he says.
De Cassagnol claims NBA lawyers want an extension before the case will go to court, but he says they do “NOT deserve any extension of time on the basis of their usage of that kind of vicious tactics to evade services.”
“For the last ten years I’ve continuously reached out to these folks and in return all I got is insult after insult,” he says. “Now it’s time to go on trial to finally resolve these issues.”
De Cassagnol also says that he’s not being pushed around by legal tactics and is not going easy on Hov because of his celebrity status.
“Based on the mischiefs …” he continues, “I had no intention of extending any time extension for the defendants…. It’s time for these folks to start following the rules like everyone else.”
Well…it’ll be interesting to hear Jay’s response…if he ever gives one.
[via Radar Online]