Netflix announced earlier this week that production has been suspended on the sixth and final season of ‘House of Cards’ amid Kevin Spacey’s sexual harassment allegations.
Well, now we know why. Eight ‘House of Cards’ employees have come forward with additional sexual harassment allegations against the actor.
The employees, who all made the allegations anonymously to CNN, claim the actor targeted young, male staffers with “predatory” behavior including “nonconsensual touching and crude comments.”
One production assistant claimed that he was driving Spacey to the set when the actor put his hands down the assistant’s pants.
“I was in a state of shock,” he told CNN. “He was a man in a very powerful position on the show and I was someone very low on the totem pole and on the food chain there.”
Another crew member claims Spacey routinely touched him without consent.
“He would put his hands on me in weird ways,” the crew member told CNN.
“He would come in and massage my shoulders from behind or put his hands around me or touch my stomach sometimes in weird ways that in normal everyday conversation would not be appropriate.”
Netflix told the outlet that it had sent a representative to the set Monday, but was aware of only one incident five years ago.
Production on the sixth and final season of “House of Cards” was halted amid accusations of sexual assault against Spacey.
“Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of making a drunken sexual advance on him in 1986 when he was 14 years old; Spacey was 26 at the time.
“He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don’t, like, squirm away initially, because I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’ And then he lays down on top of me,” Rapp told Buzzfeed of his experience with the actor at an afterparty while he was starring in “Precious Sons” and Spacey had a supporting role in “Long Day’s Journey Into Night.”
“He was trying to seduce me. I don’t know if I would have used that language. But I was aware that he was trying to get with me sexually.”
A former teen actor, now 48, told Vulture that he was in a sexual relationship with the actor during the mid-80s that ended when Spacey tried to rape him.
The accuser was 12 when he met Spacey, who was 22 at the time. He was 15 when the alleged assault took place in Spacey’s Upper West Side apartment.
A Broadway actor told BBC that he woke up to Spacey lying on his stomach when he was 17, while Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos claimed that Spacey would invite men to discuss their careers and instead would show up with a picnic and champagne.
A rep for Spacey, who said he didn’t remember the incident Rapp described but apologized for “what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior,” said Wednesday that the actor is seeking “treatment” following the allegations.
Spacey’s agency, CAA, and publicist, Staci Wolfe, have dropped the actor, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Well, it’s a wrap for Kevin.