A.J. Calloway has been fired from his job as co-host of ‘Extra’ as a result of the company’s investigation into his alleged sexual misconduct.
“The Company has investigated the claims made into Mr. Calloway’s conduct and he and the Company have mutually agreed to part ways,” said a statement from Warner Bros issued Wednesday.
Calloway was suspended in February by Warner Bros pending further investigation of the allegations.
At the time, the company said it began an internal review “to determine whether there had been any misconduct by Mr. Calloway on Extra and whether any employee of the show had been the victim of any such misconduct,” said a company statement in February. “To date, we have found nothing to suggest that Mr. Calloway has ever engaged in workplace misconduct.
“In light of additional allegations brought to our attention, we are expanding our ongoing inquiries, and Mr. Calloway has been suspended pending further review,” it added in February. “We take such allegations very seriously and are committed to doing everything we can to ensure a safe and inclusive workplace for all of our employees.”
Sources indicated Calloway was suspended with pay while the investigation continued.
Calloway originally was accused of sexual assault in June 2018 by writer Sil Lai Abrams. Nothing happened then, but a subsequent incident in December prompted a deeper dive.
When the second allegations surfaced, Warner Bros — whose Telepictures division produces entertainment newsmagazine Extra — issued a statement stressing that there had been no issues with Calloway in the workplace.
“We take allegations made against our employees seriously and investigate appropriately. To date, we have not received a complaint about A.J. Calloway and his work on Extra,” an Extra spokesperson said in a January 4 statement to Deadline.
Calloway had co-hosted Extra since 2008. After a long run on the NBC stations, the entertainment newsmagazine moved to Fox stations in top markets.
For more on the allegations against A.J., click here.