DeMario Jackson is speaking out to defend himself against sexual assault accusations from an alleged encounter on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise.’
Following production being shut down on the ABC reality spinoff’s fourth season due to “allegations of misconduct,” DeMario, one of the contestants at the center of the incident under investigation, is breaking his silence in an exclusive statement provided to E! News.
“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” the 30-year-old said in a statement via his publicist, Eve Sarkisyan-Nunn. “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
Earlier today, Corinne broke her silence, issuing a statement about the after hiring high-powered Hollywood attorney, Marty Singer.
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the night of June 4,” she said. “Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”
Corinne’s statement continued, “As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
Warner Bros. issued a statement about their investigation into the allegations, saying, “We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”