CNN took a stance against Donald Trump’s ‘Fake News’ ad.
According to Donald’s 2020 reelection campaign website, “the mainstream TV networks have blocked the ad from running, including CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC.”
The ad, approved by Trump, celebrates his first 100 days in The White House and includes a graphic promoting the idea that mainstream media is ‘fake news.’
Trump’s campaign statement called the act of blocking it “a chilling precedent against free speech rights.”
Lara Trump, the president’s daughter-in-law and consultant on his 2020 reelection campaign, said,
“Apparently, the mainstream media are champions of the First Amendment only when it serves their own political views. Faced with an ad that doesn’t fit their biased narrative, CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC have now all chosen to block our ad. This is an unprecedented act of censorship in America that should concern every freedom-loving citizen.”
A few days ago, CNN took the first stance against the ad.
“CNN requested that the advertiser remove the false graphic that says the mainstream media is ‘fake news,’” the network responded in a statement on Tuesday. “The mainstream media is not fake news, and therefore the ad is false. Per our policy, it will be accepted only if the graphic is deleted. Those are the facts.”
An ABC spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter on Friday, “We rejected the ad because it did not meet our guidelines. We have previously accepted Trump ads and are open to doing so in the future.”
An NBC rep released their statement, saying, “Consistent with our policies, we have agreed to accept the ad if the inaccurate graphic – which refers to journalists as ‘fake news’ – is corrected.”
A source has also confirmed that CBS did not take the ad for its network as well.
You can watch the ad from the lying president below.