If Carl Crawford and 1501 Certified Entertainment gets their way, Megan Thee Stallion won’t be releasing any new music anytime soon.
After filing a lawsuit and getting a restraining order earlier this week allowing her clearance to release new music, Megan took to social media to announce a new project called ‘Suga’ due out this Friday.
Well, 1501 went to court today to file a motion to dissolve the temporary restraining order and stop the release of the project.
According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Crawford says Megan’s contract stipulates all disputes between her and the label must be handled in arbitration. Coincidentally, this is the very contract Megan complained was one-sided and unfair when she signed it as a naive 20-year-old.
He also claims Megan’s guilty of booking several gigs without its approval — but what really chaps Crawford’s britches (it’s a Texas case, after all) is her plan to release music on March 6.
In docs, 1501 Certified says she can’t drop that music without its approval … it’s part of her contract. Even if she wants out of it, it remains in place for now, and Crawford says he’s exercising his contractual right to control distribution of her music.
Crawford’s also not buying Meg’s claim that “disappointment of her fans” is a basis for getting a restraining order to release the music.
He’s demanding a hearing today in Harris County, Texas … so a judge can hear the label’s side of the story before the music comes out on Friday.
She should just go ahead and drop it now.
View this post on Instagram