Mac Miller died from a lethal mix of fentanyl and cocaine.
The L.A. County Coroner’s Office released its toxicology findings, and according to the report Mac died from “mixed drug toxicity” — specifically fentanyl, coke … and alcohol too. The Coroner categorized his death as an accidental overdose.
TMZ broke the story … Mac died back in September. He was found around noon in a bedroom at his San Fernando Valley home. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
As we reported … a male friend called 911 from Mac’s home. Emergency dispatch audio revealed first responders were called for a patient in cardiac arrest. Mac battled with substance abuse for years and it’s what ultimately led to Ariana Grande breaking up with him.
He was arrested for DUI and hit-and-run back in May after wrecking his G-Wagon on a utility pole. He fled the scene but cops said he later confessed when they tracked him down at his home. He blew 2 times the legal limit. Ariana later tweeted, “Pls take care of yourself” … clearly showing concern about his sobriety.
So sad. RIP Mac.
According to the report, Mac’s assistant found him unresponsive on his bed in a “praying position” — kneeling forward with his face resting on his knees. The assistant described him as already being “blue” during the 911 call.
There was a 1/4-inch abrasion on the bridge of his nose, and there was blood coming out of one nostril.
An empty bottle of alcohol was found on the nightstand, near Mac’s body … and a bottle of prescription pills was found in the bathroom. The list of pills recovered in the home include Xanax, oxycodone, hydrocodone, and generic Adderall.
Cops found a rolled-up $20 bill with white powdery residue in Mac’s right pocket — and an iPad in his home studio had “linear white powdery residue” on it. There were also 2 baggies found with the white powder.
We’re told the amount of each drug was not necessarily a lethal amount, but the combination is what killed him.