Jussie Smollett Believes the Two Persons of Interest on Surveillance Footage Are His Attackers, Police Say They've Been Identified But Are Not Suspects [Video]

Spread the love

Jussie Smollett is convinced the two men in the surveillance photo released by police earlier this month are the two men who attacked him.

via TMZ:

Jussie appeared on ‘GMA’ Thursday, and was clearly frustrated some people don’t believe his story.

The 2 men in the surveillance photo are considered “persons of interest” but not suspects by the Chicago PD. Cops tell us the video shows the 2 men on the other side of the street from Jussie, but there is a 60-second gap in the video.

Jussie went on to explain why he refused to give his phone to cops so they could validate his story that he was talking to his manager at the time of the attack and the manager heard it go down. Jussie explained he had various private photos, videos and phone numbers and did not want that data compromised.

He tells Robin Roberts about his injuries and why he kept the rope around his neck until police arrived. 

In a statement released Thursday, police said they identified the two people in the surveillance photos and tracked their movements using cameras, public transportation records and corroborating info provided by Smollett.

Anthony Guglielmi, spokesman for Chicago Police Department, said the two persons of interest are not suspect and have not been charged. Police said there is no evidence that they were involved in the attack.

Check out the video below.


Spread the love