Carl Crawford Sued for Over $1 Million Following Pool Drowning Incident at His Home

Carl Crawford is being sued for over $1 million by the mother of one victims who drowned at his Texas home last month.

via TMZ:

It’s all spelled out in new court docs obtained by TMZ Sports … in which Liban Hersi claims 38-year-old Crawford didn’t do enough to prevent tragedy from striking on May 16.

In the docs, Hersi says her 5-year-old son was visiting Crawford with a family friend for a party at the former L.A. Dodgers outfielder’s mansion in Harris County, Texas.

Hersi claims Crawford has a massive pool on the property … but says it has no fencing around it — and adds Crawford didn’t take steps to protect her child from getting into the pool.

Hersi says her son fell in … and when another partygoer jumped in after him — they both tragically died.

Hersi claims Crawford could have done MUCH more to prevent the double drowning … saying he had no alarm system set up for the pool and claimed the swimming hole’s design was “unreasonably dangerous.”

Hersi is now suing for wrongful death — asking for over $1 million in damages.

Crawford spoke about the incident days after … writing in a statement on social media, “My Hearts Heavy. The tragic events that occurred at my home will be with me forever. I’m at a loss for words I’ve struggled all week to manage my emotions and I keep thinking of the families of those who’ve passed and their grief, I know they have it the hardest.”

He continued, “They are the first and last thing I think of these days. Please keep them in your prayers, I know they will always be in mine.”

We’ve reached out to Crawford’s reps for comment on the new lawsuit … but, so far, no word back yet.

We knew this was coming.

Share This Post